Saturday, December 21, 2019

Snow again

Two days ago we got more snow. It was on the forecast and we were out shopping when it started. 

It does make everything look nice.

As you can see on the railing and bushes, there was a significant amount.

However, it is light and puffy and very sweepable. These are the tracks of our backyard squirrels who come on our deck looking for peanuts. We have stopped feeding them since they took up residence in the roof of our front verandah. My husband and sons managed to get them vacated and blocked up the hole. As far as I know, they have no known enemies.

4 comments:

  1. I've had quite enough of the white stuff already, but I do agree that it does look nice around Christmas time. As for squirrels, I think some cats and definitely foxes would make short work of them. Hawks too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never feed the squirrels just for that reason. We live in an old farm house and I'm sure they could find a residence somewhere if they wanted to "hang" around. The jays usually take the nuts out of the feeder even before the squirrels and chippies know they're out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little snow is always welcome when the days are short and the ground is so black! I too prefer birds to squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the squirrels. We have been trying to get them out of our garage loft for years. They always manage to come back. I realize now that it was our fault they hung around. We had bird feeders. Oh well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.