Sunday, December 15, 2019

Quilt Block Tiles

My youngest daughter, Ayla, lives in England and I have visited her several times. She and her husband purchased a house shortly after their little son was born and set about fixing it up to suit themselves. Walls went down, new floors and carpeting were installed and all the walls got a new coat of paint. There is a two piece washroom on the first floor that got re-made and updated. Ayla's husband, David, did much of the work himself, if he was able.

One whole wall got done in these wonderful tiles.

They are all gray and white and look so very much like quilt blocks.

The floor also got redone with tiles. I think it's wonderful.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, and us quilters can almost always see a quilt pattern, design or colour combination somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When travelling, anywhere, but mostly in Europe, everyone is usually looking up at the beautiful buildings surrounding them, whereas, I’m usually pointing my iPhone to the tile and wooden floors... great inspiration can be found there... and my friend Barb, made a quilt on some tiles from a floor in Rome! Took a little math doing, but it was done beautifully in batik.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiration for quilts in the bathroom can happen just about anywhere. That is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only imagine quilt blocks (or what looks like blocks!) on my bathroom wall.....what fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.