These are blocks 30 and 31. I didn't realize that I had used 2 of the same fabrics. I think it's because they were on the top of my green pile.
In between sewing blocks and putting a quilt together, I decided to make my little granddaughter a new hat. I did an internet search for free patterns hoping I could find something other than the bucket hat that I have made in the past. I found one that was offered by Ottobre magazine. It's a Finnish magazine but the instructions are in English and I found it very easy to make.
We have bubble machines for the little ones.
The hat was made with a bottom weight fabric but I still managed to put two thinner pieces of interfacing on the brim.
I love the fact that the brim could be folded up too.
The back of the brim is short so it doesn't affect wear and won't brush up against her back.
Esme and her new hat.
The pattern was so easy that I will be making more in the future.