Sunday, August 18, 2019

Some new sewing

Continuing on with the weekly sew along of making 52 blocks - all finishing at 6 inches, here's the latest installment.

These are blocks 30 and 31. I didn't realize that I had used 2 of the same fabrics. I think it's because they were on the top of my green pile.

In between sewing blocks and putting a quilt together, I decided to make my little granddaughter a new hat. I did an internet search for free patterns hoping I could find something other than the bucket hat that I have made in the past. I found one that was offered by Ottobre magazine. It's a Finnish magazine but the instructions are in English and I found it very easy to make.

We have bubble machines for the little ones.

The hat was made with a bottom weight fabric but I still managed to put two thinner pieces of interfacing on the brim.

I love the fact that the brim could be folded up too.

The back of the brim is short so it doesn't affect wear and won't brush up against her back.

Esme and her new hat.

The pattern was so easy that I will be making more in the future.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely greens and a super hat pattern, and in sizes to fit many ages.Always a bonus to find a good one that is free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esme is so cute in her new hat..nice job on it! Your blocks are pretty --one the opposite looking to the other--neat hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't suppose anyone will notice the repeat of the greens if you don't point it out (I know I didn't!).. And that hat is adorable (on such a sweet little model too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you found the information you needed, and the hat suits your granddaughter well! With so many sizes you can keep all your little girls in new hats for some years to come.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.