Friday, February 24, 2023

Working on a couple of UFOs

Instead of starting another new quilt, I decided I would sort of finish off some UFOs.


This is a big one. It was described as a modern sampler quilt called Anthologie and was a quilt along with Southern Charm quilts. She has revamped the pattern and it's now for sale. I just went with fabric that I had and it's basically peaches and greens with other fabrics and colours thrown in. I guess I should take a better photo. Perhaps an outside photo but at the moment it's -6C outside with snow on the ground.

This is the other UFO I have been working on. I added a row or two more just to make it a bit bigger. I had thought that I would just go with how many blocks I had but it seemed a bit on the small size. The blocks are 7 inches finished and they are 3D bowties. I just need to lay them out again and sew them all together. If you have never made a 3D bowtie, all you need is 5 squares of equal size. Two squares for the background and 3 for the bowtie. I cut these at 4 inches and all the blocks are made from floral fabric with no repeats.

There is a sew along on Facebook where every Friday we can obtain a heart pattern a week. The blocks are 6.5 inches unfinished. So far, it's only been week 2. Here's the link in case anyone wants to join in. It may take some fiddling with printer settings to get the blocks to the correct size but then again, close is good enough.

1 comment:

  1. On a sunny day you could make beautiful photos of the quilt on the snow. The bowtie quilt looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.