Thursday, January 24, 2019

Mug rug

My eldest daughter Laila requested a mug rug for her office. I had made a few and so I knew what I was doing. Since she didn't say what she wanted on it, I decided to capture something that she was interested in. Photography is one of her hobbies and she has always enjoyed reading.

I had the background fabric and thought that it was almost perfect.

The camera outline was a free pattern that I found online and instead of just keeping the big lens circle black and boring, I figured I may as well do some fussy cutting.

This is the reverse side. I thought that if she got bored with the camera, she could look at this scene.

I've got a couple more mug rugs to make but right now I have some little people sewing to finish up.

3 comments:

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.