Monday, January 31, 2022

Finally finished some knitting

I have made this chunky knit sweater several times. Once again, I decided to use up some of my yarn to make my twin grandsons some warm pullovers. They live in England so they don't get the cold and snow that we here in Toronto get.

The free pattern for this chunky knit pullover can be found on the Canadian Mary Maxim site.

I'm not keen on sewing up the pieces and so these have been sitting around for a while. The blue one went home with Otis after Christmas and I am about to send this one to his brother Archer. 

My youngest granddaughter needed a new hat and so I knit this for her.

It is such a versatile hat and has a lot of stretch to it so it should fit her for a few years.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet little pullovers for the boys, and the cute hat will be warm and loved by the little girl. Knitting seamless and small items is much nicer and easier than creating complicated garments with seams and button holes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sewing up is a chore, love that hat and with a turn up brim, can fit higher up or right down on really cold days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you in hating the sewing up part of the process. I've been making top-down sweaters simply because they have a minimum of the hated part.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.