Saturday, December 19, 2020

Testing a pattern

I am a pattern tester for a few designers. It's interesting and my forte is editing for clarity and comprehension. In November I tested a pattern called Morning Sun by Melanie Traylor of Southern Charm Quilts. She has had a few quilt alongs and I have been working on one on and off for a while now. Morning Sun was released as a pattern on November 20th and Melanie wanted to make sure that there were no errors and that all her calculations worked out. 


This was my starting point. These are actually the outer corners.

I then added the quarter Dresden plates. My colour palette is very much different than the original.

This is the centre of the quilt.

I thought this photo would show the fabrics better. There is no central circle to cover the middle because each petal has been sewn into a point at both ends.

Here's the whole quilt put together with the border. The directions were very good and the measurements all worked out. If you want a different kind of quilt, then check out Morning Sun by Southern Charm Quilts. Check out this link to see Melanie's version. 

3 comments:

  1. Cool colours! I like your version best. Pattern testing is so important, it saves a lot of trouble for anyone buying a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I like this one because it's blue! But the pattern itself is quite striking and unusual. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.