Thursday, August 30, 2018

Complete Row By Row quilt

My Row by Row quilt is finished, done, complete.

It started out with a few rows. I had this fabric in rainbow colours and thought I could incorporate it in the guitar pick row from Log Cabin Yardage in Pickering, Ont.


The frog block is from Cherished Pieces in Tillsonburg, Ont. It is, like the one above, 12 inches by 27 inches. This year the Row blocks were various sizes.


Hillcrest Home Baking in Floradale, Ont. is where this cute block came from.


The Hobby Horse Quilt Shoppe in Georgetown is where this block was picked up.


These cute birdies, an 18 inch square, is from Quilt Junction in Waterford, Ont.


Here's most of the completed blocks (the empty space is where the final square was placed.) The bottom row still needed the musical notes (it's Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.) The four corners were just filler squares of instruments that I had collected.

Here it is all put together. It just needed a border, be quilted, bound and have a label before bringing it in to a quilt shop to claim my prize.

This is the fabric I used for the border. The tape measure is there so I know how long to make the backing. I found the backing/border fabric when I visited my eldest daughter in British Columbia in March. I knew that the theme was music so I thought this would be perfect. Click on the photo to see how well suited it is.

The piano keys block above is actually a Junior Row kit. I thought little Teemu would enjoy it.


Undercover Quilts and More in Fergus, Ontario offered this block.


Here's a close-up of one of the cute little bees.


This block came from Ibea's Quilting and Crafts in Williams Lake, British Columbia. I love the way the quilting just brings a flat block to life.

Totally complete.

Here I am at Undercover Quilts and More in Fergus, Ontario.

This is my win. I received 25 Henry Glass fat quarters and since I also had the Row By Row square that was designed by the quilt shop, I got a bottle of Best Press and a package of bobbin keepers.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your quilt looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the great finish! The blocks are fun and your hand quilting really makes a lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is truly a winner, and well done with your goodies. Love those bright keys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow congratulations Dolores!!! What a fabulous quilt, I love all the blocks and the fabrics you used - and gee what a great prize!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt and a very nice win. Those goodies are pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you!!! It's a lovely quilt - I was surprised to see that this year the 'rows' weren't exactly in horizontal configuration as they have been previously. I like the different layout. Nice winnings too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, this blogpost should come with a warning - Cuteness Overload Ahead. Now, I will oohing and aahing all day long. Love the birds and the bee :-p

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on a wonderful quilt... and on winning the prize in Fergus!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.