Sunday, April 2, 2017

Quilt show

This past weekend, the Region of York Quilters' Guild held their quilt show in Newmarket. As always, there was lots to see and a selection of vendors. Neither I nor my friend Judy bought anything - although we were tempted. We've been quilting for years and years so we have plenty of fabric and patterns to go with them. We attended the show to be inspired. I have so many photos so I don't know how many days I'll be posting but, stay tuned...


I do have this pattern but I have yet to make it.







Lovely greens.



While those spares and rectangles look like they might be pieced, they are actually appliqued.

Just a little look at the stitching on the all that white space.



Across Canada. 



Lovely applique.



Pink hedgehogs.



I have this pattern too. Judy bought it for me as a birthday gift.







This was different.











A very modern quilt.

Lots and lots of stitching.



What a wonderful floral quilt.



What a hoot.



Another green quilt. If you click on the photo a couple of times, you might be able to see all the quilting - especially in the border. All the daisies are quilted.



We noticed that several of the quilts were made with pre-printed panels.



This was cute.



A Hawaiian quilt. You don't see these much anymore so it was a delight to behold.



That's it for today. I'm looking after granddaughters tomorrow so I may not get to post any photos. If not then I'll do it Tuesday.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great show! Lots of variety and lots of talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will take me until tomorrow to fully appreciate this many. I have favorites. The white space quilting photo is much appreciated, the Hawaiian quilt is awesome, and the floral quilt too! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilts for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like many of them; not so much the modern style, but the florals and animals have charm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many pretties! I love the pine tree one - always been fascinated by those trees.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.