Friday, August 28, 2020

Even more face masks

My eldest daughter lives in British Columbia and her two boys are going to school next month. Since they have to take the bus to and from school, they need to wear face masks. She requested one each for the boys for each day so that would have been ten masks in total.


I made twelve - just to be safe. The black ones were doubled since they could be used at Hallowe'en time. I doubt there will be any trick or treating at that time but at least the boys could celebrate with their masks.

Instead of shoe laces, I made these with elastic so it would be easier for them to put on and take off by themselves. 

There is a lot of elastic in the shops these days so it was an easy purchase. The fabric was all from my stash again. (click on the photos to make them bigger and you can see the fabrics)

I'm also sewing baby things so once I have finished, I will take photos (hopefully I remember.)

3 comments:

  1. I have just finished 11, and two more cut out. I did see one pattern that said... Drum Roll Please... You can make this in 15 minutes!!! Well, the pattern I use takes longer, I used very lightweight interfacing to add a 3rd layer, and added a bias strip nose piece on the outside. Also extended the sides, so I could turn them back 3/4 inch to make a channel for the elastic. You have been busy, love all those fabrics, I should have started this ages Ago, when they were not mandatory on all public transport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masks. I am having trouble finding elastic. Where did you get yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so sad that our little ones are being forced into the wearing of masks - yet one more scary thing to deal with in their lives. You've made a fun selection for them though and having fun prints will make it a little easier for them to wear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.