Wednesday, September 25, 2013

And yet, again

another quilt started. I suppose this is a sign that I have way too many things to do, too many ideas swirling around and/or way too much fabric to use up. Either way, I am not bored.

This time I can tell you what most of the fabrics are - layer cakes of Amy Butler's Belle. There are, and will be, one or two other fabrics in there to make up the double bed sized quilt I am planning for these. My middle daughter, Maili,  knows that these fabrics are not to my liking but they are something that she likes. So, she will be getting the quilt when it's all done. The Creative Festival is coming next month so I may pick up some border fabric or backing for this since nothing I have is this wild.

And now, an oddity and something not related to fabric. This hyacinth never got planted in my garden after it finished blooming in the spring but it sat outside on the deck all summer. For some reason, it thought that spring was here once again and started growing and then blooming. I think it's quite nice.

I have continued working away at the little curly worm book marks and once they all have eyes, I shall post a photo.

Right now, I will be linking up with The Needle and Thread Network. There is always inspiration to be had at the site.

10 comments:

  1. What a delight to see a hyacinth blooming on a crisp fall day. Perhaps she thinks she's in Australia! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little hyacinth's determination to keep going. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blocks! I've just made the same block for a bee and I think your one looks great with your choice of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these fabrics, I think your daughter is going to be very lucky! You may not need a border, though, since it's such a modern quilt. What ever you decide, it's going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blocks and it is good to not be bored ! How neat your hyacinth is in bloom again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blocks, Dolores! Lucky you to have that hyacinth bloom again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your quilt will be quite lively and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely quilt start . . . gotta make one of those. I visited you last week, recognized your beautiful opening picture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the hyacinth was actually right and it really IS spring?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The block looks like it will make up into a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.