Wednesday, August 22, 2012

At it again

Oh look, more scraps. Already sewn into 4-patches. 

So, I sewed a couple of them together. They were just taking up space in one of my little boxes. I knew I had some but I didn't know exactly how many there were. I made them a while ago thinking that one day they would come in handy as a border treatment for a scrap quilt.

They have hung around long enough. I even forgot about them until I started thinking of making doll quilts. That's when I remembered that they could be a starting point. This is all in an effort to get rid of what's been hanging around way too long. I think I have enough for about 3 doll quilts. 
This is just the start so stay tuned...They are cut 2 inch square so that one 4-patch is 3.5 inches. Another nice way to use up bits and pieces.

I will be linking up with the all Canadian Needle and Thread Network. Go have a look to see what others around the country are doing.

16 comments:

  1. Oh those scrappy bits can be addicting! The ones I have in my collection have been made into quite a pile of quilts this summer. As tiny doll quilts yours will turn out quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those doll quilts are as addicting as scraps! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great way to use your scraps Delores...thanks for visiting...I think his grandma would be very pleased.....thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that scraps can be use is such a beautiful way! I really need to get busy and do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it - this will be so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea for using up those wee bits that are about. I've got lots of pastel coloured broadcloth that I inherited from my mum's stash that I keep looking at and pondering...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am all about scraps! Love them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love scraps! You will have some cute doll quilts in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't ready cut scraps the best stash? Bonus points if they are "pre-sewn".

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been working with 2" squares too lately. Isn't it fun? I joined a block bee and that's what I'm getting from them. I'm so looking forward to seeing what will become of all this scrappiness.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a few days slow on visiting the round of blogs I follow, so excuse my lateness! there is an addiction to small bits, thats for sure, perhaps some type of addicting substance bleeds out when ever we cut an edge... Doll quilts, great idea, Ill put them on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Dolores, thanks for your nice comment on the EAC blog about my band sampler. It is very easy to tote around and I do enjoy unrolling it to see all the variety of stitches I've worked so far. Your scraps are going to look great as doll quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such fun!!! I must get my box out and stitch a few together. Once you start it is hard to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had to do a double take - for a moment I thought I was looking at my own work. But then mine's not as neat. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.