Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sewing for a little boy

The little gingham shirt is finished. Same steps as a grown-up shirt so it wasn't all that quick. One look at this and my daughters said it reminded them of their brother Mark. He's the one who wore a lot of the shirts I made.
A hat for the warmer days to come. Made of flannel instead of fleece this time. It's a little big right now though.

This is a little fleece outfit. This is closest to the exact colour of the fleece.

Here's a shot of the outfit but with the flash on the camera. The colour looks a bit washed out.
Luc, my little grandson, turns one on the 20th of this month. I just wanted to make him some new clothes and try out some patterns. I still have to make him a summer hat.

I am linking up with the Needle and Thread Network. If you have the time, go check out the link to see what other Canadians are up to.

15 comments:

  1. Hi Dolores,

    You have been so busy and I love the sweet clothes you have made for baby Luc.
    Also I enjoyed seeing the Part 2 of the Quilt show, thanks for sharing.

    Have a happy week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Delores...I love the little fleece suit:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Dolores, your work is perfect! The little man will feel so good in the clothes you made him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A year already! He's going to enter his new year so well dressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All so cute, what fun sewing! I had a look at the The Needle and Thread blog: looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What could be better than sewing for a child!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clothes for children is so satisfying. They may not notice the work you put into them, but they wear them with pride and if in a favourite colour are happy to tell everyone they meet who made it for them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice suit, and young kids are so comfy in fleece. Mine often came in sopping wet but still warm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, all these little outfits are so cute! Makes me want to have a baby! Of course, I'm post-menopausal so that's fairly unlikely. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all so well made! I hear ya about the effort being the same for a small shirt as for a big one but don't you find it's a little more difficult working in the smaller scale? I find it's a little fussier somehow.

    Lucky Luc!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all so well made! I hear ya about the effort being the same for a small shirt as for a big one but don't you find it's a little more difficult working in the smaller scale? I find it's a little fussier somehow.

    Lucky Luc!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet little shirt and the smaller scale makes it a little tougher to make, haven't done clothing in a long time and your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.