I made this quilt first for my little grandchild - still not knowing if it was going to be a boy or a girl.
I saw it in a book that I borrowed from the library called Quilting for Baby. This is the back cover of the book.
I liked the one on the cover too - after I looked at it over and over again but the one that really caught my eye was this. I may make the cover quilt later.
I don't know what it was that made me like this quilt enough to make it. Maybe it was the fact that I had loads of greens in my stash or maybe it was that those monkeys were just so darn cute. I didn't have much brown in my stash so I had an excuse to shop for some fabric - not much.
Here's my version and this photo shows up the quilting. I hand quilted different leaf motifs on each strip. I changed the pattern a bit and didn't put as many feet in it as the pattern indicated. It has a flat cotton batt and I absolutely will not use it for hand quilting again. It was a pain to use because I could not get my stitches as small as I wanted them.
And here's the little recipient. Everyone who saw the quilt on the frame loved it. I think little Luc's theme will be monkeys since he received other monkey items.