Sunday, September 24, 2023

Some extra sewing

I was asked by my middle daughter to make some bicycle seat covers - two of them. She wanted something that she could add a bit of foam to so that riding long distances would be more comfortable. This request, of course, was last minute. I had to finish sewing a sleeve onto the back of a quilt for the quilt show but I put it aside. Luckily, I had a roll of plaid upholstery fabric that I was able to use. I searched the internet for a DIY (Do It Yourself) bicycle seat cover and not only did I get a tutorial, there was even a youtube video. It turned out to be easy peasy and because the upholstery fabric had a rubbery backing, I didn't have to finish any seams. My sewing stash included some half inch twill tape that I used for a draw string.



If you click on the photos, they will enlarge.


Apologies for the small photos but I was unable to enlarge them from my email. I should have taken a photo of them once I had finished them and before I handed them over but once again, I forgot. Perhaps I will get a chance to take photos once they return from their trip.

I did get the sleeve sewn onto the back of the quilt and the quilt show is this weekend. I will have photos from it in the coming week.

1 comment:

  1. Sudden requests can be very challenging, but luckily not always too bad after all. Your family has grown used to it that you can sew or knit anything!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.