Tuesday, March 29, 2022

New quilt

I've had my eldest daughter and her two sons visiting so I haven't been doing much sewing or doing any other needle craft lately. I managed to get a few repair jobs completed after they went home and one day, while they were out visiting, I cut and sewed this little baby quilt.


These fabrics were in a kit that one of my guilds put together for charity. The suggestion was to make either a baby or child's quilt. I stuck with a baby size and this is one of my easy, go-to patterns for a baby quilt. It's a free pattern called Star Bright Quilt from Swim, Bike, Quilt. In the same package was also solid black yardage and another piece with bright prints on a black background. I don't do black and especially not for babies or children. I plan on giving that back when someone comes to collect this quilt after it's been quilted. I am hoping to get it up on the frame soon so I can finish it and get on with other things.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great and easy pattern and looks good in many colours. - Having someone staying with you is lovely, but many things get left undone while enjoying the company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your family - our crafting pursuits can certainly take a back seat to family time. I like that quilt design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.