Friday, March 19, 2021

Just sewing along

My eldest daughter reminded me that her sons had wanted pajamas. I was going to make some for each of my 12 grandchildren but then I went to England for a month and when I came back I had to self isolate. By then, I had to make a baby quilt for my middle daughter whose friend had a baby girl. So, things have been piling up (or added to) on my list. 

I actually bought this fabric to make my eldest grandson some pajamas.

I have had this flannel in my stash for a while.

There wasn't enough fabric to complete the pajamas so I had to use another flannel for the back.

These are squares that I purchased from Ikea.
 The squares were not all cut exact but I made them work.

My eldest daughter wanted some bags to put things in and so I used the squares. They are a heavier weight than just plain cotton. All the bags are lined and have zippers. I added little handles too in case she wants to hang them up. They weren't hard to make but they did take time.

My daughter then mentioned that the boys could use bigger pencil cases. I put the tape measure there to show her how long I was making them.

I was just using up some of my stash again. They are made exactly the same way as the bigger bags - fully lined with zippers.

They are now on their way to British Columbia where my eldest daughter lives. Her youngest son's birthday is on the 22nd and her eldest son's birthday is in April. I hope the pajamas fit and that they like their new pencil cases.

3 comments:

  1. Twelve grandchildren make a long list for any kind of sewing! Flannel pajamas are warm and soft and the boys will love them. Zipper bags are great for storing things, and the loops for hanging are a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pajamas! I love that you are using flannel from your stash. The bags are perfect. The boys will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still do flannel pajamas for my (adult) boys. They prefer them to those store bought. Most of the pajamas are a hodge-podge of fabrics as I buy the flannel when on sale. When it was time to make another pajamas I was short on fabric as the boys kept growing. Their pajamas look like their quilts on their beds. lol. Twelve grandchildren is a tall order of sewing to do. Wow. ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.