Friday, February 16, 2018

Checking it off the list

I have a quilt almost ready to go on the frame. First though, I want to get some things crossed off my 'list of list things to do.' The list is sewing and knitting related. It's not a neat list by any means. There are times when I cross off one thing only to have to add two more things. I'm almost finished for the time being because there are some things that can wait.


These are fabrics that will be made into aprons for the little ones. Apparently, Patric, my grandson, needs a new apron. I asked his mom what he would prefer and it's either the pickles or the pretzels. I have some dark green double fold bias tape that I can use to finish the edges of the pickle fabric and I may have enough brown for the pretzels. The apron just takes one fat quarter and has no waste.

I purchased some of this fabric.

I thought one of my grandsons would like a new pillowcase.

Fabric with construction vehicles caught my eye and so I got enough for another pillowcase.

Flannel was on sale and so I decided to get some co-ordinated fabric for two more pillowcases.

Here's a close-up of the fabric. Teemu is now in a big bed and since I don't have time, right now, to make him a quilt, I thought he might like his very own fun pillowcases.

I have this pattern. It's an older pattern but it's come in handy lately. For Christmas, I made most of the little ones their own hooded towel. My youngest daughter, who lives in England, has a little boy and I asked her if she wanted a half circle pillow.

It's all sewn up and in the mail. I left part of the side open so she can stuff it once she gets it.

I repaired one doll carrier and made another using it as a pattern so now the twins each have one. I thought I took a photo of them but I can't find it so maybe I was dreaming. I also hemmed some drapes and now my list is a fairly short one. I just want to get the quilt on the frame.

More later...

5 comments:

  1. Wow Dolores have you been busy!!! The babies are really growing up....I love everything you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polar bears and Arctic Foxes, that is so wonderful, I haven't seen anything like that down here. The littlies, it is always so rewarding to sew for them, and yours are so blessed with you and your machine and older patterns, those oldies never go astray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so busy with sewing for the grandchildren as they grow out of their clothes in no time. The pillowcases are cute. Old patterns make modern clothes when you use today's fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pillowcases are all fun - I'm sure you grandbabies will have sweet dreams on them. Perhaps I'll make one for Logan to go along with his t-shirt quilt (if and when I get it done!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your header shot. Sorry for barging in...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.