Sunday, July 10, 2016

Little people sewing

Teemu is over a year old now and has two teeth - with more to come. I have sewn outfits for him and will keep on sewing for him if he'll wear the things I make. One of my sons didn't like button up shirts so I stopped sewing for him. I still sew garments for my own children but now that I have grandchildren, it's so much fun to see what I can get out of a small piece of fabric.

 Here he is wearing the hat I made him. 

It fits perfectly.

Even the chin strap fits. I cut some off the piece I made because it was way too long. Then, after I sewed it in place, I thought that it could be too short. However, it turned out just right.

He loves to have something in his hands at all times.

He doesn't like this shovel much anymore because he has found my turquoise and black spatula much more appealing - and shorter.

 Picking long grass was fun.

I just found it a bit too warm so we didn't stay out too long.

As you can see, the grass is dead where the sun hits it constantly. This was just a little opportunity for a photo shoot. He didn't much like to have the hat on in the beginning but I persisted and he got used to it.

I just finished a pair of shorts for Teemu. His cousin tried them on and they fit her so he can get them when he comes home from camping. I just have to take the basting out of the seams. I add the basting because it makes threading the elastic over the seams so much easier. This striped fabric was a little piece of heavier weight cotton that had been hanging around for awhile. They didn't take long to make at all and since the pattern and size worked out well, I can probably make a few more. There are lots of little pieces of fabric in my stash that need to be put to good use.

6 comments:

  1. His hat looks very cute; but he'd look sweet in anything. It's very dry and hot here and the grass is crispy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really good at making clothes! It must be so rewarding. I struggle to make a cushion cover! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hat is as sweet as the little one wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Lynda, garment sewing is hard for me. Then to make things even smaller for wee ones, well, doubly hard. He is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Dolores he is so CUTE!!!! That hat is adorable on him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teemu has the most adorable smile!! It would be so hard not be snatching him up for cuddles every single minute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.