Thursday, May 30, 2013

Region of York Quilt Guild show - Part Three

Well, here's the rest of the show. I do hope you have enjoyed it. There was a lot to see.


It seems like perseverance paid off.
 
This has a nice, clean, orderly feel to it and yet, it is made from scraps.

 
This looks blue but it's supposed to be various purple fabrics.

 
Here's a close-up of the hand quilting.
 


 
I think she did a super job on the shadows and the reflection - compared to the pattern.


 This is an older pattern but I still love it. Years ago one of our guild members made it in upholstery fabrics.
 
 

 

A grandmother's love - to make two of these and then hand quilt them.
 
 

 
Love that messy bookshelf and...

 the goldfish bowl.

Amazing what you can do with selvedges.
 

 



I think this quilt is cute. It makes me smile.
 

 
 
And now I will leave you with a couple of Ann Taylor's quilts.
 


 


 
That's it for this show. I have more photos from the quilt show I attended last weekend but I will wait a while to post them. I don't want everyone to get too overwhelmed.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. The Ditsy Chicks is my favourite, but every one is so beautiful, details galore, when you click and see closer up.Thanks for sharing with us. Cheers, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really great selection of quilts. I may have to steal the idea of using selvages as books. I also really enjoyed seeing the chairs as reflections in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the reflected Muskoka chairs! Those Jungle Walk quilts are nice too. They are designs by Harebrained Happenings. Mary and Trisha are members of our guild and I love seeing their patterns made up. Thanks, Dolores. I've really enjoyed my virtual visit to the show.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.