Saturday, June 1, 2013

Just some sewing

I made this round trivet/hot pad in March for my daughter who needed something for her table. It had to be a fair size so I used a dinner plate as a pattern. It has one layer of thin batting and one layer of Thermolan to deflect the heat. As you can see, I just quilted it in various circle sizes. She liked it so much that she requested another one but I haven't done it yet. I need a reminder...
 
The hazards of quilting. It pays to have a lot of quilting needles on hand in case this happens. I bend needles every once in a while and it does hamper the flow of progress. This little quilt is now done but it has not yet been delivered. Once it has reached it's destination, I will show you the whole thing.

3 comments:

  1. I like that trivet.Very handy.I break needles often, or lose them in the carpet, then tread on them and bend them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trivet is a nice gift - very useful and pretty. I won't go into details, but I am guilty of much needle (both hand and machine) mutilation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bent stitching needle and I just love to use it. I think it is shaped after my fingers and the point comes up so easily.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.