Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Region of York Quilters' Guild show - Part Two

There were a lot of quilts in the first big room even though it looked a bit crowded. I was lucky that I didn't have to wait too long for people to move along so that I could take some of the photos. Lots of wonderful inspiration.

I do like turquoise.
 
 
 
The classic Seven Sisters. It's nice to see that some people are still making quilts with the old patterns.
 
 
 
Scraps anyone?
 
 
 
I found this interesting.
 
Sometimes there appears to be more work in the border than in the body of the quilt.
 
 
 
A different way of putting a nine patch together.
 
 
 




 
I really like this quilt.

 

And here's the buttons. They are sewn all around the border of the quilts.
 
As you can see, even though the quilt reads as solids, they are actually prints.
 


 
Did you find them? I did.
 

 
And now, I'd like to show you a beautifully quilted whole cloth quilt.
 
This one is stunning.
 
Just a little close-up.
 
And another one of the wonderful quilting.

Here's the surprise. Read it.
 
I'd love to meet this Amish lady.
 
 

 

 

 

It's not at all unusual to see the same pattern being made by several quilters. Usually, it's because there was a workshop but that wasn't the case here. I guess they just liked the pattern.
 
 
 And I leave you today with this patriotic quilt.
 

 
 
 
 I'll post the last photos in a day or so.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great tour through the exhibition! So many different , wonderful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, lots of inspiration, thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a pattern from 2 really elderly people, what a treasure, that quilt will be a true heirloom. They all have such detail, and the words with them finish off the whole picture so well. Cheers, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first quilt is absolutely stunning! As always, I enjoyed seeing the show through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that the Amish lady and her husband draw patterns together. It's always nice to see so many quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh where do I start? The whole cloth quilt is amazing. And I love the one that looks like pyramids from the top. And the button one. And the almost black and white 'scraps' one. And I am SO jealous of this talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you again for a wonderful tour through the quilt show. I love the one titled, 'The Garden', but they are all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.