Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Halton Quilt Show - Part Three

I'm going to get the rest of the photos posted today.

I thought the one on the left was interesting.
 
Here's a better look.
 
The story behind the quilt.
 
I do like this pattern.
 
There is an error in the border that I just noticed. I wonder if it was on purpose?
 
Just in case you wanted to know where to find the pattern.
 
This one was a group effort.
 
Wow, only two weeks to get a quilt done.
 
This is so cute.
 
And to think it's not being used as a baby quilt.
 
Something a little different.
 
The blurb. What a neat idea.
 
This is so simple but I really do like it.
 
What a nice idea for a baby quilt.
 
A different setting.
 
The description.
 
Bright...
 
and muted.
 
Click on the photo to see it better.
 
 
 
This looks like fun. I do like letters.
 
 
 
More circles.
 
 
 
I have some of this sky fabric. Now I have an idea as to how to use it effectively.
 
They had several minis.
 
I have admired Lorraine Roy's work for several years. Nice to see her passing on her knowledge. 
 
It's nice to see this one complete. It was a quilt along.
 
If you can't make it out, just click on the photo.
 
It's was nice to see this one too.
 
Another quilt along.
 
A pretty, scrappy Jewel Box quilt.
 
This photo doesn't really show it up.
 
An original design.
 
I thought I'd show a close-up...
 
or two. Loads of work went into the making of each globe.
 
Stunning.
 
All by machine.
 
This design is by a Canadian.
 
My quilting buddy Judy knows Sherri. I love the story on this one.
 
And now for the final quilt.
 
It's by Carol Goddu. She is famous for her people quilts.
 
See, you can find ideas anywhere.
 
On my way out I took a few close-up shots for you.
 
 It was hard to get good ones since the quilt was high and I'm short.
 
And here's the last one for now.


I hope you've enjoyed the quilt show. If you do hear about a quilt show that's not too far from where you live, I hope you make the effort to attend. The quilts are so much nicer in person.

11 comments:

  1. All of them are so amazing.
    Thank you.
    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some amazing quilts. I really like Summer Tree. The falling leaves one that has a mistake...is it in the top row? It sort of bothers me when I look at it as a whole. As you know I'm not a quilter and I always wonder how you figure out what goes where:) I know there are rules and patterns but it does amaze me how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the trip to the quilt show! I love these! Can see myself making several of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are wonderful! I particularly like the one 4th photo down, but gosh, so much work must have gone into them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, I've enjoyed your quilt show for us. I know it takes a lot of time to take all the pictures and do the blog posts, so definitely want to say thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing the quilt show!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt show- OMG! Mind blown! WOW! ALL OF THEM! So much talent and patience. Thank you so much for sharing all of these- very stimulating and inspiring.
    !!!!!!!











    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful quilts! Love the Free-Falling Leaves, the circle with letters and the Summer Tree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the look of the snow globe one....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.