Monday, May 27, 2013

Region of York Quilters' Guild show - Part One

I'm sorry but I completely forgot to post these photos. I attended this show on May 4th. They held it at a new venue which some people had difficulty locating. Luckily, we were able to phone our daughter who looked up a map on the internet and was able to direct us to the location. Two women who entered right behind me mentioned, to the front desk ladies, the hard time they had in finding the place. I didn't feel so bad then. So, here's the show.

There was a lot of detail in this one.
 
Remember her name - there are other quilts by her.
 
There were a few 3-D flowers.
 
I'm not sure if any of the quilts mentioned if there was a scale to the things that are in this quilt or if the maker just went by eye.
 
Some beautiful applique.
 
It was also hand quilted.

My eldest daughter likes loons.

I have yet to make a loon quilt.

This is another Ann Taylor quilt.

Here's a close-up.

I like this table runner but it would be too wide for my table.
 
Winding Ways. My friend Marg made one in yellow - totally hand pieced and hand quilted.
 
Drunkard's Path in a very nice setting.
 
I like the title.
 
A close-up of he fabrics used.
 
A two-colour quilt with lots and lots of pieces.
 
 
 
A very pretty applique quilt in blue.
 
I'm glad that she finally finished the quilt.
 
I've not seen this setting before. It's refreshing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A really bright quilt.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I've never made a Hunter's Star but perhaps one day...
 
 
 
I really like this pattern.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I know that I will never make one of these.
 
What a nice way to remember an anniversary and a trip.
 
 
And now I leave you today with this little number.
 
This was so cute.
 
Just a little close-up of the details.
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts. Lots of handquilting which is nice to see. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite, "missing feathers" but there is so much detailed stitching in each one, All so very deserving of awards. Greetings from Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing your great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for those great photos of the quilt show. I took my time enjoying each pic and the informations..theirs' and yours' of course! So much beauty. The dress mini-quilt at the bottom was delightful! I've spent time in Paris Ontario years ago, as my Uncle was an Anglican Priest there; such a beautiful spot...but then again, we are in Canada and Ontario. That says it all.
    Cheers from Oshawa Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE Ann Taylor's quilts. Those are truly amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilts. I think the feathers and the dress are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't had the time to really look at these. They are truly fantastic. I love how you photographed the write-ups. I love reading those. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.