Monday, May 6, 2013

Halton Quilt Show 2013 - Part Two

Now, more wonderful inspiration.

You really must read the blurb on this.
 
Too bad she doesn't say how long it took her.
 
This beauty was tucked away in a corner with low lighting.
 
Again, the blurb. If you are having trouble reading it, click on the photo once or twice and it will magnify for you.
 
An African themed hexagon quilt.

I took this as a hexagon quilt and yet, the maker said it's a star quilt.

The close-up.

What a nice gift for the man in your family who loves the outdoors.

I wonder why the other women worked on this quilt?

What a fun little quilt.

Now for some smaller quilts.

I have this pattern and really do want to make this one day.

There was a nice mixture of quilt subjects and sizes.

Unfortunately, I don't have a close-up of the blurb for this so I don't know if it's an original pattern or a purchased one. The title is "A Mother's Love."

Black, white and red fashion show.

There were many floral quilts.

I like the title and the meaning behind it.

Something a little different.

It's nice to see how original some of these quilts are.

Another floral quilt with black in it.

A birthday gift.

I think it's wonderful that the maker had her child choose the colours.

Wonderful applique with machine stippling.

It is categorized as a bed quilt but it didn't look that big. Unless it's used as a topper.

Another appliques floral quilt - lots of work went into these dimensional flowers.
 
 Finally, one that's hand quilted.

This looks like it would have been fun to make.

I wonder if it was made for a little granddaughter.

Just goes to show you what you can do with jelly rolls (fabric cuts in quilt jargon.)

And now I leave you today with this fun quilt.

Snakes and Ladders game made into a quilt.

It's an actual purchase pattern. Dual purpose - wall hanging and game.



The final installment will be tomorrow.
Now I really must get a move on to get other things done.

8 comments:

  1. Dolores, these are great photos, and with the blurb, extra special. I too like the split leaves , is it a table runner or smaller wall hanging? This must have been a huge exhibition, and I did like the way you thanked everyone at the beginning, so many people behind the scenes,not seen, but invaluable.How many quilts were there in total, was there any mention of this in a brochure? Cheers, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another bunch of fabulous quilts but the first one is mind boggling. I wonder how long it took to make...wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one you have the pattern for.....the leaves...is really pretty....

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all amazing. The work and patience involved is awe-inspiring. I love the leafy one. And the snakes and ladders. And the first one. And... and....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another array of fun quilts. And, I like the posting of the descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the applique quilts of course Rosemary's is extraordinary!! I saw more hand quilting at the brampton show...thanks for taking the time to post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilts! I love the appliqued ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for posting this quilt show Delores. I thoroughly enjoyed it- almost as good as being there. Especially nice to be able to read the blurbs.
    Do you know where I can get the book with the White Birch quilt in it? Would love to make it.
    Thanks
    Verna G

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.