Monday, April 24, 2017

Free? Who doesn't like free?

One of my favourite quilt pattern designers is Toni, the Australian behind The Red Boot Quilt Company. She is clearing out some of her older patterns and offering them free as pdf downloads. Pop on over and check them out. Just scroll down and you'll find several free patterns.

I own quite a few of her patterns and just purchased her latest, which happens to be my favourite bird, flamingos. I have two stuffed flamingos, Big Pinky and Little Pinky and they are played with by my two little granddaughters. Pink just happens to be Severn's all-time favourite colour too, so I guess I'll be making it before long. By the way, it's available for a short period of time for an introductory price.



Her latest freebies are a teddy bear pattern called Little Bears and another great quilt for little girls called Flower Fairies. Both Severn and Mackenzie pointed out the fairy that they would like.


This is the end pieces of the green fabrics that I strip pieced.

They were cut into 6.5 inch squares. Ironed and then...

sewn again but this time they are 12.5 inch squares.
Many more are sewn together and I still need to add some applique. It's a slow process.

Stay tuned...

4 comments:

  1. The greens are all soft and look good together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link. I downloaded a few. Very cute patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her designs too! Your greens look great together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.