Saturday, December 7, 2019

Green, rainbow and little visitors

Three of my little grandchildren come over after school until their parents come and pick them up. I like to keep extra hats, mitts and scarves in case something gets lost or wet. I didn't seem to have any scarves that were a comfortable size for the little ones so I decided to make at least one so I could keep it in my hall cupboard for future use.

My daughter-in-law requested a green hat for newest little granddaughter who is just over five months old.

Here's a close-up of the stitches I used. It was a fun hat to make.

This little guy, Teemu, and

his little sister, Esme, stayed with us for five days while their parents were at a conference in San Diego.

While they were here, I made Teemu a neck warmer. He chose the 'ninja turtle' green flannel and 

the other side was some Scooby Doo flannel that I had in my stash.

I just added some velcro so it would be easy to put on and take off.

Easy to make, reversible and soft to wear.

I asked my daughter, Maili, what Esme's favourite colour was and apparently, little Esme loves rainbows. One day when my husband and I were out doing some Christmas shopping, I happened to spot some rainbow yarn. And of course, I had to buy it and make Esme a rainbow hat.

Well, once she got it, she didn't take it off and even when her parents came back and she was home, her mom said she wore her rainbow hat at breakfast.

It had been cold and snowy when they stayed with us but once the sun came out and got rid of some of the snow, we went out for a short walk.

Down the street following pops.

And into the coffee shop for a doughnut.

Smile.

Taking a short cut home through the grocery store and up the elevator.

But before we go in, just a bit of fun in the snow.


2 comments:

  1. What fun out there. I remember as a child, jumping in puddles and trying to carry a piece of ice as far as I could as I walked to primary school.Love the rainbow hat. It is a winner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rainbow hat obviously was something she loves! The neck warmer is a great idea, easy to put on and not too bulky and absolutely not itchy. The coffee shop visit was a nice little rest before the walk back home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.