Friday, December 20, 2019

A Whole Lot of Baking

I'm finished for now.


I made two batches of Chinese Almond cookies.

Two batches of Oatmeal cookies. 

Two batches of Swedish Butterballs made with finely chopped pecans and

one batch of a new cookie - Cardamom Ginger.
They were drop cookies and since not every one likes candied ginger, one batch was enough.

I bought three of these containers for my three Toronto families who all live close by. Hopefully, they last all year long so I can get them back to refill them next year. I got tired of using cookie tins. They started to show their age and were getting rusty.
What I didn't give away to my family went into these cookie jars. There are some almond cookies and cardamom ginger cookies and oatmeal cookies but only nine Swedish butterballs left. The favourites are the oatmeal. They are soft and melt in your mouth. 

4 comments:

  1. Love the new containers, I also have some similar, and some new ones to fill with goodies for the family further north and grandson as well when he calls in on Tuesday.Home made is the best in my eyes. Cardamom and ginger, I will have to find that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. Cardamon and ginger is different. I've never used cardamon before. I must check iy out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum - how I wish I was at your house to taste test these (oh wait....I'm on a diet.....drat!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how busy you have been! I baked just one batch of cookies and tried to bake some parmesan biscuits (with sun dried tomatoes and almonds), but they crumble terribly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.