Monday, December 9, 2019

A look back to where I've been

I took a look at my draft blog posts and realized that I never posted this. I wrote it in February of 2018. Since then, this little man has turned one (in October 2018) and then two, just a couple of months ago.

For the last half of last month, I was in Kent, England, visiting my youngest daughter, Ayla, and her family. Her little boy, Atticus, was born prematurely in October at 3.3 pounds but now (as of last Wednesday) weighs 9 pounds, 4 ounces. He's doing very well and I got a lot of cuddles and kisses in while I was there.


My husband and I managed to get in some sightseeing too. 

Green grass in January.

Taking the train into London.

Little Atticus was as good as gold and napped the whole time.


Buckingham Palace.

The balcony where the Royal family waves to the crowd.

Typical vehicles in London. The quintessential black cabbie, the double decker bus and loads of motorbikes (it's in the foreground on the right.)


While we were there, I got to visit Hobbycraft and picked up some yarn and knitting needles. Not these, however. The yarn came from a small shop on High Street and the needles were a freebie when I purchased a knitting magazine.

Oh what fun it was to re-visit this time.

1 comment:

  1. The tiny ones grow so fast once they get settled to the outside world!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.