Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Charity sewing and Christmas decorating and sewing

I just purchased this booklet. I am planning on making some charity baby quilts. This was something I found while browsing the internet. I ordered it online through a quilt shop in Alberta called 'Along Came Quilting.' They have a wonderful website that is easy to use and they have loads of patterns. This wasn't one of them but I contacted them to ask if they could order it for me. Their service was excellent and the pattern booklet came very quickly.


I am not always on time with my Christmas sewing and decorating. I should start sooner but I do have a lot of other sewing and knitting on my list. Here are some links for you (and me) that I came across that I would love to make.

Christmas Baubles is made from little mini charm squares (2.5") but you could make it with bigger 5" charm squares. You would just have to figure out the size and make the corner squares bigger. I would also change the bottom and make a tree trunk instead of another bauble.

Wreaths. There are so many ways to make a Christmas (or any other time) wreath. I really like this one and would love to have the time to make it. I have so much green fabric to use up. This link is a modern take on the wreath and is a Dresden plate variation. It looks like fun.

This circle Christmas tree is so cute and so easy. Since it's only a small wall hanging, you could just fuse all the circles and sew with any stitch around each one. Quilt as you like, bind and hang it where you want. Super easy. You wouldn't even need a pattern (although one is provided and you can enlarge it 395%). Just use the picture as inspiration and create your own.

Moda Bakeshop has a Countdown to Christmas with a lot of block patterns you could use to make Christmas quilts.

Christmas Tree Napkins. These look so easy to make and they are so very nice to look at. Using up some Christmas fabrics that you have had for years is a great idea.

Paper piecing? Have you ever done it? It's not hard. Here's a link to teach you AND you can make a Christmas tree table runner, coasters, mug rug or a whole quilt with this pattern. Have fun!!

Or, if you don't want to sign up or don't want to do paper piecing but still want to make trees, then here's a tutorial. OR, there's this scrappy tree tutorial.

Have fun. I'm just working on my own list (which changes often) and in my own time. I refuse to stress over deadlines. I can only do what I can do and things will eventually get done.

4 comments:

  1. Love those critters, guess this is an applique pattern? Christmas sewing, I am so far behind, I should catch up by this time next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all the great links. I'm slow at getting in the C. mood but this helped a little. Maybe I get started in January ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so far behind in commenting and finally gave up and decided that I would just jump in here and then carry on. Too many projects on the go this time of year! I can see why you would buy that pattern - and thank you for the links!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new book. That would be a very fun quilt to make. Thanks for all the wonderful links and ideas. I appreciate. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.