Pixel wanted to inspect the bag. Since the outer fabric and the lining were so lightweight, I used a heavyweight sew-in interfacing. The interfacing, the 1/2 inch cording for the strap and the 14 inch zipper are the only things I purchased for this bag. I was going to finish it so she could take it back to England with her but she declared that there was just no room in her luggage for it. Good thing too since I didn't want to rush it.
This shows the light grey plaid lining fabric with the pockets. One pocket was in the pattern and the other one I added since you can never have too many pockets.
Here's a better photo of the interior. It's hard to get a good shot because I have to hold it open with one hand while the other one has the camera. The scooped zipper opening also has a lot to do with the difficulty. The dark grey pocket is the one that came with the pattern. It is a long pocket divided in two. One side is flat and the other side is smaller and pleated so that a cell phone can sit in it. Ayla was pleased when she heard that. The spools of thread are going to England too since she wanted a few ends of spools from my vast collection in case she had to do some mending. The bag met with her sister's seal of approval who said, "It's an Ayla bag."