Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Still sewing

I was asked by my son and his wife to make dresser scarves for their dresser and night tables because the little kitties like to jump up on them and their claws were starting to leave marks.

So, I was given the sizes and the colour was to be dark red - similar to red wine.

I went into the stash and pulled a bunch of upholstery samples and set to work.

This is the long dresser top part all done. I decided to "crazy quilt" it. It wasn't difficult but it took quite a bit of time because it's so long (the dresser is 62 inches.)

 All done. The night table covers look like placemats just sitting there. The long dresser scarf is just folded over.
Now, I have a request to make cushions for a rocking chair - in yellow.

Linking up with The Needle and Thread Network and Esther's blog for WIP.

12 comments:

  1. Those are lovely. Your stash must be huge if you can gather just upholstery fabrics in that kind of range! (Though I could probably do it with felts......)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful gift - beautiful and practical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours and design. I'm sure they will be very well used. Cheers,Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting project! And how nice to know that it will be useful as well as loved, great fabrics too

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are blessed to have a mother and mother-in-law with talent. I like what you came up with; very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are really a fabulous idea...love the colours used used:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the colours and the free form design.
    I love how kids with mothers who sew like to ask Mom to whip them something up (and we love doing it!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! Love the upholstery fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like those dresser scarves - so much more fun than the white have-to-be-ironed versions. Only one problem I can see - kitties and claws could well equal pulling the whole thing off, along with whatever is sitting on top.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Job! I did the same thing for my dresser to keep the cats from leaving little scratches but now, they sleep on the dresser runner, so they get HAIRY! so I had to make a second one so that when one is being washed the second still protects the dress!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.