Sunday, September 21, 2014

More quilts

A couple of posts back I showed you quilts from a country fair. Here are more quilts that I saw at a show before I went to the country fair - which, by the way, was in Williams Lake, British Columbia. The quilts below were taken about three weeks ago in a church in Leaksdale, Ontario. The Lucy Maud Montgomery Society of Ontario holds a quilt show every second year and the quilters in the area offer their quilts to be hung. L. M.Montgomery's husband, Ewan Macdonald, was a Presbyterian minister there and Lucy Maud lived in Leaksdale from about 1911-1926.






















 I really liked this quilt.

Only one leaf had a shadow.


Here's another view so you can see the pattern better.

Embroidered flowers mixed in with pieced blocks.










 I'm glad that they included some rag quilts too.





















This was an interesting quilt because of the 3-D pieces.













A whole cloth quilt - hand quilted.

A close-up.

Sorry for the blurry photo.







This was an interesting quilt because the fabrics were extremely subtle. Both my friend Judy and I were taken aback since one doesn't normally see such a quilt. I quite like it.









And, downstairs, there were even more quilts - and a tea room.























 The little bunny and Easter egg quilt is cute.









Well, that's it, that's all.
There may be one or two more quilt shows this fall so stay tuned...

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a huge exhibition, my favourite, the white background, each block with 4 triangles with a curved outer edge, looking like batiks, lovely. I can see how many hundreds of hours in each one, thanks so much for sharing. Cheers,Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder they don't have an exhibition every year!
    The leaf with a shadow was like a real one, very 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an incredible variety of quilts. So sorry I missed that show...will have to watch out for it the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, thanks so much for a great catch of some awesome quilts at this showing, they are all gorgeous but my favorite was the crazy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a large array of lovely quilts! And, I like the header photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.