Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Knitting help

No one ever taught me how to sew up knitting pieces or how to weave in ends or how to add another ball of yarn when one comes to the end. A lot of things I learned by asking questions and by searching online. One of the best things I learned recently was how to to weave in ends.

Here's the before.

This is the best site I found for explaining and showing how to weave in the ends of one's knitting. There is no right way or wrong way. This site shows you how to weave in the ends in different ways.
http://www.purlbee.com/knitting-tutorials-finishing/2011/7/14/weaving-in-your-ends.html


And here's the after.
Tails all tucked in. It was painless and once I started, I was on a roll.

Two stroller blankets for two little people.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely wee cuddlies, and so neat. Well Done. Cheers, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet blankets. I learned how to cast off from a YouTube video; it was in the middle of the night and it was wonderful not to have to wait for anyone to wake up to show me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this!! How on earth did we learn anything without the internet at our fingertips!! working through mammoth encyclopedias must have been a task and a half!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds as if you learned to knit the same way I have...trial and error, books and the internet. I will definitely check out the how to on weaving in ends...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet stroller blanket. I watched a youtube video about weaving in the tails that was very helpful to me, but can't remember who it was. I subscribed so I should be getting any future videos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Dolores,

    The blanket is very cute, there is always something to learn.
    Hope the Mum to be is keeping well.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The internet is amazing-I have learned so much from other crafters-it inspired me to return to quilting after a break when my kids were young. Lovely stroller blankets-the colors are very "happy".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never learned properly either. I sort of do my best but never really feel I've done it right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's darling, Dolores! I hate weaving in the ends, it's my least favorite part lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blanket! I admire knitters, something I never learned to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.