Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Just a bit of knitting and sewing

For the past two weeks I was in BC visiting my eldest daughter and her family. Since I brought my knitting needles, I managed to get these done.

Five little hats. My daughter had the gray yarn and I brought the mauve yarn with me. I like to visit a little craft store when we go into town and I also like to support the local businesses so I found the variegated yarn there. It's nice and soft. My favourite hat is the top left one, the ribbed one. I plan on making more that style since they have so much 'give' and could fit several sized baby heads.


I also managed to finish this little sweater for Patric. It was in pieces and needed to be sewn up. I had to borrow knitting needles from my daughter's neighbour so I could knit the collar.

This is little Patric who is a year and a half. Time flies.

These are two little bears I made for Patric and big brother Luc.

Big brother Luc building a tower.

 I sewed this rag quilt at home and brought it along. It was a request from my daughter. I didn't clip the edges until I got to BC. It still wasn't finished by the time I left but my daughter knows where I left off. They are all novelty prints and hopefully, will amuse the boys when they use it.

I am hoping to sew something soon. I have been without my sewing machine for too long.

I will now link up with The Needle and Thread Network. Pop on over to see what other Canadians are up to this week.
Linking up with Esther's blog too for WIP Wednesday.

13 comments:

  1. Lovely wee hats and the raggy quilt, I can see that will come in for lots of warm cuddles. So many talented quilters over at the link, I so enjoy seeing your northern quilt friends' projects. Down here another sunny day, 15C outside, cool breeze, and definitely springtime. Cheers, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to spend time with the wee ones! I must have a poke about and see what I can find in the way of a hat pattern to make for Logan. Finding one that stays on their heads is a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dolores,

    The hats are lovely, the variegated yarn gives a wonderful effect. The jumper is lovely,love the different colours in this. Good luck with the quilt. Have fun meeting up with your sewing machine.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice projects Delores. Patric is adorable !

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is lovely to see all the things you have made for those little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your knitting is beautiful. I love those hats and the pullover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hats are adorable. he sweater is delightful. The rag quilt will be great fun for the boys. They are very lucky you make them so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You've been busy! Love the little hats. Patric's little sweater is adorable too and so is he! Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how you found time to knit. Those little boys are adorable.
    I am sure those hats will be well received.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey Dolores ...I just got back too ...from Armstrong in B. C. ..... one of these days when we know each other is going....we will have to try to meet up somewhere in the middle.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd say you do more than just a bit of knitting. My goodness, you can knit fast and inventively too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How in the world did those boys get so big so fast....they are adorable!! Love seeing all you've made for them, Dolores, well done! That sweater is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.