Friday, August 8, 2014

Busy, busy, busy and more gifts

I am certainly busy with many different things.

I need to make a belt for my daughter. She liked the dress but wanted a belt like the other dresses had. It needs to be about a metre and a half. Luckily, I didn't throw these scraps away. The fabric has a bit of spandex in it so it's not good for quilts. Too tight a weave too.
Update: Done

This was a curtain panel I purchased that was 80" long and I wanted to make cafe curtains that are 31" long. I need to cut it in half so that the pieces are identical with enough to hem them.
Update: Done 

I have flannel yardage that I want to cut into receiving blankets for my charity of choice, the Silent Children's Mission. So far, I have 4 little hats too. Apparently, the hats are in demand. I wish I had more time.

The baby quilt needs binding.

My online crazy quilt class has taken a back seat so I really need to move on it.
Update: Still working on it.
There are a few other things that I need to get done but these are just the ones at the top of the list (at the moment.)
And now on to my gifts. More, from my other two daughters. I am blessed.

My middle daughter Maili brought back a Marimekko table cloth from Finland. She and her boyfriend Casey really liked their Scandinavian trip. I did also get a Sibelius CD from my pen pal but I forgot to take a photo of the cover. Kiitos Satu.

This arrived in the mail yesterday. I had asked my eldest daughter Laila, to make me a book of Patric photos since I have Luc books. I was expecting a 4" x 6" book but this arrived. It's about 8.5" X 11" and look what she included.

A photo of Patric on his quilt with the words "Patric's Baby Quilt made by Mummi." It has photos of his first year, right up to his birthday. 
Precious.


8 comments:

  1. Wow! You are really busy! When do you have time to sleep? I love Patric's baby book! He certainly does look precious on the baby quilt his grandma made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to have a photo of Patric on his quilt in the book - looks great. I really love the crazy quilt piece. You are really keeping yourself busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful baby!! and don't get me started on Marimekko...I have been obsessed with Marimekko for years...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly have a lot to do:) Fabulous photo of your grandson...so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Patric on his quilt is precious. Beautiful keepsake pic. Your crazy quilt block looks pretty nice already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see that you're managing to keep yourself off the streets! What a wonderful keepsake to have that album...such cute wee one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Giving my sore back a break from quilting to have a look at your latest blog post. I love that floral print you are making the belt with!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.