I found it. I found my missing block of the month. After searching all of my bins several times I finally found it - or I thought I had found it.
What I found was a bin with the fabrics that I had been using for it. I thought that the blocks were with the fabrics - it would make sense, n'est-ce pas? So, more mystery. I was going to give up, thinking that if I wasn't looking for it, it would eventually show up.
I had even taken out a bin that held another quilt that I could finish.
I love all the greens and it won't take too long to put the whole top together.
This morning though, I started looking again because I realized that there was at least one other BOM that was missing. Soooo, they should be together then.
In one of my spare rooms I have a tall, skinny IKEA dresser that holds doll making fabrics, cotton broadcloth fat quarters and some baby quilt fabrics. I had searched it before but it was mainly doll making stuff. Except for one shelf. I thought I'd take a good look at everything this time and lo and behold, there it was. The BOMs were folded with the wrong sides facing and when I took them out,
I found not one, (this is the one I was looking for)
not two, (absolutely and totally forgot about this one)
but three unfinished blocks of the month (this one is fairly close to being finished.) I was a happy camper once again and could now carry on with my life and sew something else. Now that I knew where everything was, I could finish a few other things - like a little vest for my grandson.
I headed on down to Queen street this morning to locate a 10" or 11" separating zipper. Fabricland only carried 9" (too small) and 12" (too long) zippers. I checked two Fabriclands and that's how I know. I bought two zippers when I found the 11" ones - so I could make Luc's brother Patric a vest too.
Life is back to normal. I could say "what a complete waste of a couple of days that was, trying to find a missing BOM" but I won't. I found some fabrics I can give away, others that can be used in different projects and still others that need to be washed and ironed.
I also now have a whole laundry basket of fabrics that I have designated for little girls' dresses. I'm planning on using the various patterns that I have and sewing something small throughout the coming months. This way I can stay on top of things (hopefully.)
Oh yes, there's another repair job to get done too.
Little owl needs a new eye.
Luckily, I found some brown felt that is a close match. Now, to get something done.