I managed to sew the second block of the 150 Canadian Women sew along. Sew it - I did but iron it, I didn't.
Poor Bert had languished in my sewing room for years and probably decades. He is missing an ear but I had to fix his foot. It had come apart at the seam and my granddaughter told me that I had to fix 'her' Bert. Talk about inducement...
Anyway, his foot is now together and while I was sewing it, I noticed that it wasn't the first repair job that Bert has had to undergo. I do believe that Bert belonged to my eldest son Mark - father of the little girl who told me to fix him.
This book on tape kept me company while I sewed. I'm not finished it yet.
I altered this pattern. The armholes were too big, the front was too low and, since I was going to add a separating zipper, it didn't have to be so wide. I also wanted the front hem to be straight. I didn't have big white paper or newsprint with which to make a new pattern so I thought I would use some parchment paper. Not a good idea since the paper would not hold dressmakers carbon marks. Dumb idea. I looked in my cupboard and ended up using the reverse side of some wrapping paper. The pieces have been cut but I have to go to Fabricland and pick up a small separating zipper in order to finish it.
So far, that's it. I still have a quilt on the frame that needs some attention so hopefully tomorrow I can get to it.