I made two of these strips. Lots of red.
Seriously, how did I ever accumulate this much orange? I am obviously sorting fabrics for a new project. This is what I should be concentrating on. Once I get going I'll show you. I remember years ago, orange and purple were colours that were hard to find. The world of fabric has certainly changed.
I needed the red strips for this flag. I had the centre maple leaf done for a long time now and decided I really should get down to finishing it. So now, it's a top ready to be quilted. The red squares finish at 2 inches so this whole flag is 24" across and 12" high. The ratio (1:2:1) of red, white, red is correct and there are eleven points to the maple leaf. I used Rhonda's Maple Leaf which was a free paper pieced pattern I found on the internet in 2013.
I have also been slowly trying to get the sashing pieces made for this quilt too. I flit from one project to another and I really should concentrate on just one at a time. At least the little Canadian flag got done. I even took off all of the paper from the back of the maple leaf.
This is an old pattern but I think it's cute. I do hope I have time to make it - and maybe one or two of the little stuffies.
No, I didn't need to buy more flannel BUT this was on the sale wall, 60 inches wide with no price. When I said I would take the whole piece (there were 3 pieces altogether), even though it was 'damaged' (there were dirt spots on it), the sales lady gave it to me for $2.00 metre. Even she said it may wash out and it did. She was generous in the measuring and I suppose there was more than 6 metres. I got it for 5 metres - $10.00. A great bargain. More baby blankets and burp cloths.
So, that's where I'm at these days. My daughter Maili just reminded me that she needed a snake. Not a real one but one of those draft stoppers. They used to be popular years ago. I just have to go look for some proper fabric. There is no shortage of projects here.