Monday, February 11, 2013

Something a little different

As a passenger, one gets the chance to view the surroundings at a more leisurely pace. I remember sitting in the backseat of the car when my parents went grocery shopping every Friday night. We had to go across the city to a plaza where the nearest big grocery store was. Sitting in the backseat, I would look out the window and, because I loved shoes, I always looked at what the ladies were wearing on their feet. These days I look at the changes in the stores. There are so many independent, and also chain, coffee shops. There are also a lot of restaurants and bars. The names of two such places have given me some amusement whenever we pass by. I finally have photos so you can see for yourself why I am amused.

Insomnia. And right across the street is...

Amnesia.
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, two good names, I couldn't sleep, and I forgot why. Where was the quilting shop?? And a good name for that could well be " Treasury" in that you need a bank behind you to be able to get all the goodies, and inside is a delightful treasure of more goodies. I'm sure the trip was eventful!1 Cheers, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably owned by the same guy.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That IS amusing! I love Nancy's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those names!
    Love the new look!
    Judyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's absolutely too perfect isn't it? Way to keep humour alive.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.