Friday, July 24, 2020

Little mask

I have several grandchildren who are of the age that they will have to wear a mask either in a store or dentist/doctor's office. I made some for my daughter and her family in British Columbia and sent them off using the post office's 2 to 3 business day option. Well, they were in the mail by Saturday and they didn't arrive until Thursday or Friday. One of my 3 year old granddaughters had a little trim at the hairdressers and her mom thought it would be a good idea to make her a mask. I did have a pattern that was the same as the adult pattern but it was for a child aged 3 to 6. I picked out a few fabrics and had her choose which one she wanted.


This is Wren and her new mask.

She liked the pink fabric even though some of the other fabrics had animal characters on them. The lining has monkeys on it. One of my other granddaughters left her mask at the dentist office so I made her a new one and then I made her twin sister one. Their little 3 year old sister got a new one too.

I thought I was finished with mask making but I think I'll be making a few more. Some can stay here as extras in case someone needs a mask because it's in the wash or they forgot theirs or they lost it. 

4 comments:

  1. Good to see a post from you. I hoped you were okay.
    I have been busy making masks too. I made some for a neighbour's grandson. He requested Spider Man fabric. My grandson went to a special program at the zoo. I made him a couple using animal prints. Also made a few adult ones for my son and daughter. And a few for myself. I have several more requests, so I'll be making more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a sad state of our world when little children are being forced to have to wear masks. I made some for our grandsons too but how I wish it wasn't necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the pretty fabrics make a great difference. The cheerful mask can make other people smile in a kind way, up to their eyes if they too are wearing a mask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you posting again. Are you back home now? Hope so:) I've been making masks too. I think I have found a good pattern finally that seems to have enough size options and seems to be the most popular so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.