Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Before and after

Time changes things and both time and light (along with usage) change quilts.

I made a Union Jack quilt way back in 2013. Here's the blog post and photos.


It still hangs on the wall in my daughter's home and this is what it now looks like. Some of the colours have faded with time (mainly the navy blues) but some have not. It has been washed and none of the blues or reds have bled. Yay for me!!! I have a Canadian flag that I should finish. The sides are done and I just have to find a really good sized maple leaf for the middle. I have one that's paper pieced but it's not the right size. I should also make an American flag but there are just so many things on my 'to do' list right now.

4 comments:

  1. Nice Union Jack. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Delores, your work station is much neater than mine! I don't know how I do it but it seems as soon as I tidy up, it's a big old mess again. Anyway, lovely knitting and this Union Jack is wonderful. It was the provincial flag of my home province, Newfoundland and Labrador, up to the sixties so very meaningful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fading is a good thing - at least it signifies it's being used and not tucked away in a drawer for future generations to find. Glad the colours didn't run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both blue and red fabrics often fade easily, and here it looks rather nice. It is annoying if a fabric fades on a fold during storage.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.