Saturday, June 17, 2017

Stitching Among Friends Quilt Show - Part Two

Grab a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy!


Here's a close-up of the various embroidery stitches the quilter used.

















Different use of fabric - strips.

Salmon.










Nine patch quilts are always a pleasure to view.

There were quite a few hand quilted quilts.


You don't see many cathedral window quilts being made these days.




There was a lot of work in the applique.


Beading, buttons and 3D flowers.

This won the Viewers' Choice award for 2015.

A slightly different view.

That's it, that's all. Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Bits and Bites, and then Viewers' Choice. What fantastic designs and great colours in every one, applique that I am sure was many hours of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. You're blessed with lots of quilt shows in your area. There is one near me in September. Other than that I'd have to travel a good distance for one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great show again. Now I noticed many quilts using light blue or turquoise with brown, the colours I'm using for my newest quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's something about the first one that I really like. It's interesting to see the mix of traditional and modern patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.