These are the bigger crazy stars that we had left. They were trimmed down to about 12.25 inches since the edges were all uneven. Since we didn't need the length so much as the width, Marg found some white on white so I added a two inch border to the sides. Next up was the frame that ended up being 1.5 inches finished.
Then we added this strip. Notice that it is not the same size on the ends as on the sides.
Once again we started auditioning what would come next. I'm not really a fan of this colour.
We didn't come to any solid conclusion so we decided that we would leave it for a week and decide later what we wanted to put on it next. It measures about 23 inches by 40 inches so far.
One week when Marg and I were talking about the charity that these quilts will be going to, I mentioned the little hats that I was knitting. Marg asked if crocheted hats would be okay and I said yes, of course. Well, here they are. She made five.
A lady at Marg's church brought over some fabrics (yardage, not scraps) for us and she even gave us the rubbermaid bin. One piece had a retail sales slip and the fabric was purchased in Buffalo, NY, at a Joann's in 1995. There was also a big baggie with all of this in it. Beads, eyes, long needles, bells and other goodies. Since Marg doesn't make dolls and Ann doesn't either anymore, I took it home. There was a quite a bit of that paper ribbon or raffia looking stuff. I have no idea what to do with it. Oh well, if all else fails, I do have a Value Village just down the street from me.
I leave you with a photo of my tulips. These were a treat to myself.
I hope you all have a great weekend.