Here it is, not yet trimmed. I am in the process of putting the binding on. Then comes the label and a hanging sleeve. I left this on the floor - just for a little while and...
Pixel found it. I think she just adds a little extra to the overall design of the quilt.
This is the backing fabric that I used. It was a piece that was just hanging around and, for the most part, it fit. The quilt is 46 inches square and the fabric was close to 60 inches wide so I just cut off a bit and added it to the other side because it wasn't quite long enough. However, I was a tad too short and had to add a little piece. Can you see it? It's in the lower left corner. Here...
can you see it better now?
However, even though it isn't really noticeable, look at how much gets trimmed.
It just sort of blends right in. Once the label is ready, I can put it in this little corner and no one will be the wiser as to the extra little piece in the back.
Oh look. The 16-patch is all done. I just have to sew it all up and add a small border.
These are little curly worm bookmarks that I am crocheting for my son's girlfriend's class. She teaches a grade three and I thought they could use something fun to keep them interested in reading.
Here's a few in various stages of being finished. I have about 15 more to make (I figure extras are always nice so the children can have their choice.) I am getting to use up some odds and ends of yarn and that makes me happy. Just one worm takes roughly 3-4 yards of yarn. There are several free patterns out there and I have used two different ones. Not much difference in the overall look.
I am, once again, linking up with The Needle and Thread Network so pop on over to see what else is being made this week in Canada.
If you haven't yet entered the Sew Sisters Giveaway, it's here. Hurry, it closes on Friday, midnight.