Monday, January 14, 2013

A small detour

Well, it seems that uploading photos is hit and miss these days. Loads of bloggers have been complaining and I couldn't upload this morning either. However, I switched computers and now I am using Firefox and things are back to normal.

I have every intention of completing things that have been started but while I was searching my pdfs for something, I came across Bunny Hill's 2011 block of the month, Henrietta Whiskers. I did not follow along and do the blocks every month when they were posted. Those that did, uploaded their photos onto a Flikr site and I have been perusing it. There are some imaginative people out there. I decided to begin my quilt mainly because I liked the squirrel and we have quite a few around here.

Not all the pieces are sewn together in this photo but I have now prepped all the blocks for the applique. There is some embroidery involved, hence the hoop. I just dove into my scraps to make these. I liked what other people did with their applique and I will take what I want out of the pdfs and create as I go along. I really didn't understand the stars in all the pumpkins in the original. We shall see what evolves as I slowly work on this.

My red Amaryllis gave me six beautiful blooms. Once these are gone I may purchase some tulip or daffodil bulbs.
After record breaking warm weather, we are back to colder days. Still great walking weather - makes you walk faster to keep warm.

I'll be back with some other things I am working on.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely colours in your blocks, will there be a squirrel in each one? Super flower, the red is so cheery, and all those on one bulb. Cheers from Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your Henrietta quilt top is coming along--I think I coped the patter for them-but that is as far as I have gotten--and I love squirrels--so some day!!!!
    that red flower really did come along beautifully--but I want to see the one that was suppose to be in the box!!!
    hugs, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That block looks lovely!
    My Amaryllis is still in bud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still snowing here ...... I got all the way around to the front on the whole corner ....and turned around to see yet another inch......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started Henrietta's quilt, but I did not finish it. I don't even know if I copied all of the patterns. Are they still available? I bought a pot of hyacinth a couple of weeks ago. Now my living room smells like spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to seeing your finished quilt. It got back to winter weather here in Michigan, after some delightfully unseasonable warmth and sun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yep, same frustrating problems with uploading photos, don't know why they had to go from simple to complicated... Some smart guy wanting to feel especially smart I suppose... I am not particularly fond of squirrels, tho my dog is, but I do like the autumn/country colours you are builting o

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like it will be a very fun detour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you for diving back into the Henrietta Whiskers quilt Dolores. I have hopes of making it... one day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Henrietta Quilt is coming along lovely. The colours are some of my favourites. Can't wait to see the finished quilt. Flower is gorgeous.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.