This is how it started out. The backing was pinned on first. I took this photo before I was finished pinning.
I forgot to take a shot of the backing before I put it on the frame so I photographed it from below.
Once I placed the quilt top on top of the backing, I found that the backing was just a bit too big so I cut some off two sides. This is closer to the true colour of the backing fabric.
It took a while but I finally re-pinned it after the cutting and stretched it smooth.
Here's the first side pinned.
And here's the whole quilt pinned and ready to be quilted.
This is the reason it took so long yesterday afternoon to get put on the frame. It's hard to pin while dancing and listening to Marco Antonio Solis - especially to Tu Carcel. I don't understand a word of it but I love his music. At least this saves me time to find his videos on YouTube. All my favourites seem to be on this disk.