Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Knitting, hemming and sewing

Way back in March, I purchased some yarn that was on sale. My idea was to make a quick baby blanket with it since I haven't knitted with that particular yarn before.


It took a while but here it is.

I used two balls of Bernat Baby Blanket in Lilac Dove.

It is so soft.

Here's a close-up of the colour and texture.

It was just knit in garter stitch with size 8mm. needles.

I just made it to keep in reserve in case one of the little ones needs a blanket.

It seems I am always busy doing something.

I hand hemmed a bridesmaid's dress for my daughter-in-law, Davina. The outer layer was chiffon so I hand sewed the rolled hem. The knit lining was hemmed with my serger.

For Mother's Day I made a mug rug for the same daughter-in-law from her little girl. Davina is expecting her second baby next month and these little hand prints are of her little girl Wren, who is a year and a half. If you look closely, the print has little birds on it.

Week 19 of 52 Blocks in 52 Weeks is complete. As you can see, it was a super easy block and took very little time to complete.

2 comments:

  1. The baby blanket looks really lovely, the yarn is like velvet! You are a woman of many talents, sewing almost anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one thing - you and I never have time to get bored, do we. It's always fun to come here and see what you've been doing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.