Monday, April 1, 2019

Projects in progress

I have found myself working on several things at once. Perhaps it's because there are so many interesting things to make or perhaps it's because I want to use up the fabric that I have accumulated.

These are the first eight blocks of the Canadian Quilters' Association's 52 Blocks in 52 Weeks. I decided to make it a rainbow palette. (the link will take you to the main page where you will find the blocks' link)

I am now working my way through the orange blocks. 

Here they are all together. Tomorrow is week 12 and therefore, a new block. As you can see, they are easy blocks and the instructions are very well written.

I'm also trying to finish up last year's BOM Gnome for the Holidays. I think I have four blocks left to make. This block still needs a gnome and a Christmas tree. I'm hoping to get to it this week.

My two eldest grandsons, who live in British Columbia, are Minecraft fans. I found this free pattern and decided to make it for them. There are a few more blocks to make and hopefully, I can get to it after I finish the gnome top. 
I started this before my husband and I left to visit our youngest daughter and her husband in England early last month.

I also decided to start working on a big quilt that was another BOM from last year. I liked the design, which was a sampler of a different kind, and since I have so much fabric, I thought I could use some of it up. The quilt is scrap friendly and the pattern for Bari J.'s Wild Bloom Quilt Along is still available. The nine patch on the right was already done and was sort of the stepping off point for my colour combo for this quilt which is shades of green with orange/peach. I get to use up some of my 'uglies' in this quilt.

The colours may be a little 'off' but the strips are in various shades of peach/orange with some green thrown in. These blocks are 12 inch square and the instructions, basically, were to add some applique on top. I thought of flowers but since I have been collecting butterfly fabric (to applique on top of errors that sometime happen when one is making a quilt) I decided to throw some on top and see how it looked. This section is the one I am currently working on - hand appliqueing the butterflies on.

So, as you can see, I may be quiet on the blog but I have a lot to keep me occupied. I shall post more as I complete it.


5 comments:

  1. You are busy:) I like the idea of the butterflies to cover any mistakes. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lots of things on the go at any one time, but last weekend finished all the blocks for Hearts for Christchurch, have partly made a bag for grandson when he graduates with his BSc in May . Your top blocks look wonderful with those shades of reds and oranges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting multiple projects, and a great way to use up fabric. It seems you have found suitable BOMs for different types of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've been busy! I like the blocks from the CQA and will be interested to see what you end up with at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang girl you are so busy!!! Love it all! The appliqued butterflies is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your thoughts.